Tacoma Plumbing and Heating’s primary safety goal is to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees and customers. We not only promote safety awareness, but enforce industry safe practices. Our employees are given a thorough safety orientation so they know exactly what is expected of them on our projects. All of our employees participate in safety awareness in order to ensure our customers a safe and timely project completion.
Mike Gilbertson, our safety director at Tacoma Plumbing, has done an excellent job educating all employees to the value and necessity of safety in the workplace. His ongoing safety programs have provided Tacoma Plumbing with some of the lowest EMR ratings in the industry.
Labor and Industries Modification Factor history:
2017 – 0.6000 2011 – 0.8088
2016 – 0.6000 2010 – 0.9086
2015 – 0.6000 2009 – 0.7613
2014 – 0.6000 2008 – 0.7500
2013 – 0.6130 2007 – 0.6000
2012 – 0.8416 2006 – 0.6000
We maintain a safety and health program conforming to the finest practices of our industry.
Some of our safety measures:
• Management accountability for promoting and maintaining safety awareness and effectiveness
• Safety audits
• Employee orientation and training.
• Pre-job orientation including review of company and client work rules.
• Review updates to federal, state and local rules and regulations
• Accident reporting, investigation and follow-up
• Drug testing program